2014 Missions Trips
Join us and make a difference!
February: Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia
April: India, Nepal
August: Hong Kong, China
October: India, Nepal
For More Information, please contact us: email@example.com
Why Should We Be Involved In Overseas World Missions?
Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 18:18-20.
The Case for World Missions
Picture this. You're walking down a country road. You come across a bunch of men trying to load a huge log on to a pickup truck - by hand. You see nine people at one end and only one on the other. You feel a tug in your heart. Which end will you go to help?
This is not a trick question my friend. That is the real situation in world missions. Ninety percent of the world's Christian workers live in countries with 10 percent of the world's population.
Americans spend more on pet food and chewing gum than on the cause of world missions.
Church budgets designate less than 10% of their income to missions. Most of the time what is labeled as missions is local community outreach. As important as it is that is not world missions!
According to the U.S. Center for World Missions, only 5.7 percent of giving to Christian cause goes to foreign missions. Of that, only 87% for work among those who are already Christians, 12% for work among already evangelized non-Christians and only 1% for work among people groups who have never heard the Gospel - ONCE!
Top 10 Reasons why we should actively participate in World Missions.
1. God is moving in foreign lands.
Did you know an estimated 17,000 people
accept Christ everyday? In
2. People in third world countries WANT the Gospel. Every place Jesus did mighty works, people were hungry and eager. The few times, Jesus didnít do a great work was when people were not excited and eager to receive from Him.
3. Best investment of our resources. Every successful businessman watches for the best return on his investment. Investing in foreign missions ensures the most sure and long-lasting fruits that will remain for eternity. Many times a one cent tract has saved a whole family!
4. Signs, wonders and miracles are exploding. I believe miracles done by the Holy Spirit multiply church growth (Book of Acts). Many times Iíve witnessed how one miracle has saved a whole family, village or an entire area. Itís fun to watch God confirm His Word.
5. It is fair. Someone has said, ďWhy should anyone hear the Gospel twice when others have not heard it once!Ē
6. Commitment level of the workers are at all time high. In spite of hardship, persecution, imprisonment and sometimes martyrdom, the believers are willing to pay any price to spread the Gospel.
7. People around the world are praying for the Harvest. The Harvest is ready but we must put people on location to bring it in. All our prayers will do nothing if we donít put the sickle to the harvest.
8. Jesus cannot return unless we preach to the WHOLE world. Many of us fervently pray for His Second Coming but He will not return until we preach the Gospel to "every creature." (Mt. 24:14).
9. God wants to bless us. Godís way is to ďGive and you shall receive.Ē If we cultivate Godís vineyard overseas, He will make our homes, businesses and churches to prosper.
10. When weíre involved in missions, weíre in the center of Godís will. Donít we all want to do His will in our lives? (John 3:16).
P. O. Box 540909, Grand Prairie, Texas 75054, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 972 800 4346